Shares of Synchrony Financial (SYF) closed today 1.3% above their 52-week low of $32.05, giving the company a market capitalization of $16 billion. The stock is currently down 29.0% year-to-date, down 27.6% over the past 12 months and up 37.5% over the past five years. This week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.4% and the S&P 500 0.7%.
- Trading volume this week was 0.1% above the 20-day average.
- The beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the broader market, is 1.2.
- The stock’s relative strength index (RSI) was between 30 and 70.
- The MACD, a momentum indicator that follows the trend, indicates a downtrend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger Band, indicating it may be oversold.
Comparative market performance
- The company’s stock price is the same as the S&P 500 index, with a one-year lag and with a 5-year lag
- The company’s stock price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average, lagged 1 year and lagged 5 years
- The company’s share price is the same as the performance of its peers in the financial sector, it is 1 year behind and 5 years behind
Comparative performance by group
- Year-to-date, the company’s stock price performance is 183.2% below the peer average.
- The company’s stock price performance over the past 12 months lags the peer average by 68.4%.
- The company’s price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company’s stock price to its earnings per share, is -79.7% below average.
This story was produced by the Kwhen automated news generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to email@example.com. © 2020 Kwhen Inc.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.